Introduction and Departure


First off, hello! My name is Michael Kremer and I am going to be interning for VEF this summer in Kenya. I was born and raised in San Francisco, but I am now a junior at Tufts University in Medford, MA. I am majoring in International Relations with a focus on sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to my interest in Africa, I am a huge baseball fan (particularly the San Francisco Giants) and I love traveling.

I leave tomorrow for Kenya, and I will get into Nairobi on Saturday night. I'll be spending a few days in Nairobi, and then I'll be heading out to Western Kenya in the middle of next week. I will be living for the majority of the summer in a town called Kakamega.

I am really looking forward to getting out into the field and starting work. Much more to come in the next few weeks!

No comments: