Laundry and Office Work

Written on April 24, 2008 from Kakamega, Kenya
By Anne Olson

I discovered that almost all of my clothes were dirty so I had a pile of laundry to be done today. Luckily the sun was shining so my clothes would dry. Everything is washed by hand and hung on the line. They charged me 320 Kenya Shillings (about $5) to wash 16 articles of clothing! Now I have lots of clean clothes.

Back to the office today. So good to see everyone again. Linnet, the office manager, got all of the expenses entered into QuickBooks so today we could start looking at reporting. We need to review the data to make sure we've coded things right but that won't take very long. I was so excited to be able to produce a sample quarterly income/expense report that I could send to Lyndsay in the US Office to get her opinion on the format. Tomorrow we will get the savings account data in for Jan-Mar 2008. Progress is being made!!!

No comments: