Departure from Dodoma

Written on May 24, 2008 in Dodoma, Tanzania
By Anne Olson
My travel arrangements have been made. I will take the bus to Dar es Salaam on Monday; taking the bus will give me a chance to see some of the country and I haven't had much chance to do that before. It will take all day to get there but at least the roads are good. I will stay in Dar Monday night and leave early Tuesday morning (a 5:25am flight!) to go to Kigali Rwanda via Nairobi. I arrive in Kigali about 10:30am so will have the afternoon there as well as a couple more days. I will be seeing Ritah, a woman I met at a conference in California last summer. She is working on a project to educate young girls so I will visit her project as well as do some touristy things. I will leave for Entebbe, Uganda on Friday afternoon and then on to Soroti, my Ugandan home, on Saturday. I am excited to visit another East African country and then to see my Ugandan friends. I'll be in Soroti for about 3 weeks.

No comments: