Still No Internet!

Written on May 13, 2008 from Dodoma, Tanzania
By Anne Olson

Last night Richard was working with his two oldest sons to copy and assemble a booklet for use at church. It was so fun watching them work together. The younger of the two boys is technically oriented and I could tell that by the way he arranged the piles of paper and assembled the booklet. His mind just works in a logical, process-oriented way. They were fun to watch and the final product looked great (though I could not read it as it was in Swahili!). Baraka was here too and his swollen face is almost back to normal.

Phone line works today but the internet doesn't! This is getting so frustrating for me as there is much to do and we need to be connected to do it. Sigh! Patience has never been my strong point but to live and work here I MUST have patience! The internet is up in town but we are not able to connect from the office. The techs are here trying to get things figured out but they are struggling too. I'll have Noel take me to town today to send/receive mail and do a couple of other things. It doesn't solve the problem of QuickBooks training unless we decide to do that in town also. Technology!!!

No comments: