A Quickbooks Success!

Written on May 16, 2008 from Dodoma, Tanzania
By Anne Olson

I have been to the internet café the last two days to send and receive mail. Sure was great to hear from some of my friends. Didn't realize how "disconnected" I felt until I got your messages.

We've been working on the new processes and documenting the bills that have been paid since April 1, the start date that we selected for Tanzania. Today we will all go to the internet café (Noel, Margreth and me) and start working on QuickBooks. They both learned very quickly about the paperwork that must be done when money changes hands. Now we will look at how to enter the expenses in QB. The cash box is in place now so we have Petty Cash available in the office. We'll try that out when we get cash for the internet café.

Low and behold, we had internet connection at the office in the afternoon! What a benefit! I was able to get the rest of the Tanzania setup done (there was more left to do than I thought) and get "invitations" sent out to Noel and Margreth so they can set up their QB logons. Progress!

No comments: